Add Reply
New Poll

Secrets can burn, tag: Belladonna
Lucien Wormwood
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 08:52 PM
9 posts
Noble
“Other friends have flown before — On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before.” Quoth the raven, “Nevermore.”

The pain rippled through his spine and shoulders. The change was always horrible. No one was meant to grow from a raven to a man. Even the curses that allowed people to be shape shifters stopped them from hurting like him. But pain was part of his curse. It was part of the reason that made him remember that he hated everyone and everything around him. The darkness called to him. As the black wing feathers shook from him, Lucien stood.

He wasn't completely whole anymore. There were bits and pieces of him that went missing every time he changed. Not pieces of his body but of his mind that kept getting left in the beyond. Tonight was just like the others. He stood slowly, his body aching and his mind wandering. There was much to be found here, and too many things that he could not do.

A raven sat upon the window, it's beady black eye watching him as he slowly stood. The caw made him smile slightly, but he was quick to put on the silken black robe that was waiting for him. It flowed down his too thin body like water.

"Hello beautiful." he said in a croak. "What have you brought for me tonight?" The raven stepped forward, and Lucien ran a blade along the inside of his arm. The blood dripped down into a small bowl that the bird started to peck at. Almost immediately, he was engulfed in what the raven had seen during teh day.
PM
^
Belladonna James
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 09:15 PM
10 posts
Wanted
"Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble"

She hated the steps up these stairs. She had gotten here an hour before sunset because she remembered them. It was ridiculous that he insisted upon living so far away from the rest of humanity. Really was there any reason for this? Even now that it was after the night time, her knees ached. Every step jarred her teeth and she was ready to fall back down the stairs only because it wouldn't hurt anymore. What was the point of every returning to a young woman's body if she only was going to continue to feel like an old woman?

She was breathing heavily by the time she reached the top of the stairs. "Blasted raven," she muttered. "Damned creature doesn't know how to live like a normal person." Belladonna had met him long ago, though they had never been overly friendly with one another. Now that the curse had hit, they had found some strange sort of friendship that neither could really explain. He was entertaining, she kept him alive. That was sort of how it happened.

The heavy door swung underneath her hand as she pushed it open. "You know, one of these days you're going to move down to a normal level like the rest of us and stop pretending that you're a bird." She wiped a hand across the sweat on her brow and made a face at her own hand. "Really, just because you're cursed doesn't mean you have to live like an animal. Do you see me living like an old woman? Absolutely not."
PMEmail
^
Lucien Wormwood
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 10:50 PM
9 posts
Noble
“Other friends have flown before — On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before.” Quoth the raven, “Nevermore.”

He had just finished seeing what the bird had seen when the woman walked into his room. The entirety of it was small. he didn't like too much space around him because it gave him nightmares. There was too much room for them to breed if he was in a big space. That was why he preferred to relive everything from the raven's eyes. They could go outside without fear or discomfort. They could do all the things that he couldn't do because they didn't fear the open air. Their wings were everything that he wanted and everything that he feared. Which was ironic considering his curse did not allow him either of those but brought him closer than ever.

He sighed, opened his eyes at the loud intrusion, and tried to stop his shoulders from slumping even more. "Belladonna." He responded. The woman never knew when to stop herself from walking in on things that did not pertain to her. He stroked the feathers of the bird one last time, tapping a finger gently underneath its beak until he finally turned towards the woman that had so rudely maneauvered into his life.

"I will not be moving any lower just to ease the pain in your back." He could see her hand on her hip from where he was. Besides, she always hurt her back when she climbed this close to sunset. He gestured towards a chair next to him. "Sit down old woman, before you break those brittle bones. To what do I owe the pleasure?" But he himself stood up slowly, the lingering muscle pain holding on strong..
PM
^
Belladonna James
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 11:32 AM
10 posts
Wanted

Belladonna didn’t worry about many people or things. She had her lessons that she had been taught since she was a baby, and those were hard to go against. Worrying about anything meant that she cared about them, and she certainly wasn’t going to be caring about a man who sequestered himself into the very tower that his father had died in. She knew just how that man had died. Bella had seen it before. In the end, that was how they all were going to go. Every witch that practiced black magic knew that at some point in their life they would ask for too much or push too far. They would die doing what they were never supposed to do in the first place.

“You’re a bright bucket of sunshine tonight aren’t you?” She said as she rolled her eyes. Belladonna had long ago become insulted by Lucien’s strange manners. He didn’t precisely know how to be polite, but he also didn’t precisely know how to be rude. It was highly likely that all the magic throughout his life had taken a bit of his brain with him. Or the opium that she sometimes saw frequenting the small tower room could be affecting his ability to remain lucid.

She sat as he requested. “Old woman? You’re looking no better than I, old friend.” Her fingers twitched at the thought of lingering pain, even though she watched him feel much the same as her. “The changes are getting harder aren’t they?” She whispered quietly, dark eyes knowing as she found him lacking. The man had been through enough in his life without having to worry about… Well all of this. The curse had been hard on all of them, and Lucien was the only one that had stuck around when he had heard she had her part in it.

PMEmail
^
Lucien Wormwood
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 12:59 PM
9 posts
Noble

He hummed deep in his throat. Sunshine he had never been before. Lucien particularly enjoyed the idea of being happy. It was as foreign a concept to him as crossing the oceans and seeing what in the world the mainland looked like. Those sorts of emotions just didn’t happen to him. Happiness was rare for anyone in his House really. They knew too much to be foolish enough to think that they could delude themselves for the moments to feel anything but guilt and anger and pain. Besides, he was too busy to be feeling anything but concentration.

He would take a few moments for her though. He would always take a few moments for Belladonna.

“The changes have always gotten progressively harder.” He grumbled as he made his way towards a small glass cabinet where he kept his potions. Thankfully she was the one who made them, and she was the one who paid the price to remove the pain that always seemed to linger in his muscles. Lucien was always grumpy, and really was there any question why? He hurt. Everything hurt. There was nothing on him that didn’t hurt all the time and when it didn’t? Well he was likely making himself hurt because then he could do the more dangerous spells of his choosing.

Lucien didn’t talk much though. He didn’t like to speak with people unless there was a reason. Mostly because he was a very busy man and preferred to be uncomfortable in peace. “Why are you here, Belladonna?” He asked quietly. “You know as well as I that I prefer to remain alone.” As he always was, as he always had been. Lucien was too exhausted to do anything other than be alone.

PM
^
Belladonna James
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 01:18 PM
10 posts
Wanted

“What, am I not allowed to check up on a friend?” She responded, her voice slightly snippy though she knew just as well as he that she wasn’t here for the fun of it. Belladonna wasn’t going to climb those stairs just to say hello. And he certainly wasn’t going to be so hospitable to someone that didn’t have something to give back to him. That was simply the way of dark magic users. They were all users on a drug, and it didn’t matter how they got their next fix. They simply weren’t capable of feeling or doing what other people could.

She sighed and resigned herself to telling the truth. Somehow he always managed to take her fun away. Her legs slowly crossed as the heavy material parted in a way that wouldn’t have become the old woman she had been mere minutes ago. “I wanted to check in and see if you needed anymore of the potions. I’d be happy to make some for you.” But Belladonna knew that he wasn’t that foolish. Lucien wasn’t about to blindly take from her without asking the most important question.

“The price is information. I want to know what my brethren are up to.” She held up a hand. “I am well aware that it is not an easy thing to do Lucien, and I’m not asking you to get any secretive information about the Coven. I just want to make certain that I am still safe.”

PMEmail
^
Lucien Wormwood
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 03:49 PM
9 posts
Noble

“How like a witch,” he murmured quietly as he stared into his stores. She was well aware that he was running dangerous low on his potions, though Lucien had not managed to discover that for himself. Belladonna was not a foolish woman, and she knew exactly how to convince him to do what she wanted. Those potions were all he had standing between him and endless pain. She was the only thing that could give it to him unless he wanted to push and find another witch that could manage to supply him with the potions over and over again as Belladonna did.

“The Coven is off limits even for me.” He said as his arms flexed. Both hands were raised to clutch the edges of the glass case, the robe slipping slightly until the muscular upper ridges of his back were exposed. He wasn’t an ugly man by any means, though far too thin for some to find appealing. His body had always been a tool and he would continue to use it in that way. Though Belladonna would always remain outside his usual realm of seduction. She had made it very clear long ago that he was handsome enough but that she would never be interested in him.

The damned potions were a problem now though. He gritted his teeth as he tried to think of a way out of this, before he realized how clearly she had entrapped him. “I will send one raven.” He finally managed to choke out. “One and only one. I cannot promise any information and if it does not return I will send no more. Your head might be on their chopping block but I refuse to allow mine to be.” Even though he knew if they caught the raven, they would trace it back to him. He was so incredibly weak during the day.

PM
^
Belladonna James
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 04:43 PM
10 posts
Wanted

His words made her nervous, even so much as she wanted to run her hand along the warmth of that scarred back. How could he understand that there was something so dark and terrible that hunted her? She had been in the Coven, he knew that, but what he didn’t know was her history. That her mother was one of the Coven members but she had never chosen that life. That she was tricked into helping with the curse that had torn apart a kingdom she still considered her home. That because she left and refused to continue building the curses, she was now to be hunted.

“Lucien, I just need to know that I am still safe. I am just as weak as you when the sun comes up.” She shivered, her hands coming up to cup her elbows in the cool air. This wasn’t the way she had expected life to be. She was a black magic user, a powerful witch in her own right. And yet, it was always and yet. She was going to be forced to watch her back for the rest of her life because she refused to be too evil.

Or perhaps because she still felt the guilt.

“One raven will do. I just need to know that I’m not back on their list and then you can have it leave. I assume your birds can manage to find particular bits of information. Yes?” For all the years that she had known him, Belladonna could not for the life of her remember how exactly he controlled those birds. But then again, the Wormwood family had been doing this exact thing for centuries. It was likely that no one but the House knew how they got the ravens to do what they wanted.

PMEmail
^
Lucien Wormwood
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 04:58 PM
9 posts
Noble

He knew that she was in danger. He wasn’t going to tell her that, but he had heard along the winds the rumors and stories of her. The House of Wormwood knew all the rumors, but these in particular he knew to be true. That was why Belladonna intrigued him so much. She was an enigma in their kind. A witch who was born into magic, who had spent her entire life learning the darkness that could be found there, and yet now she had decided to withdraw from it. He’d sent ravens to watch her because he was curious about how his strange and secretive companion might live her life.

Lucien had not been disappointed. The old woman held an air of grace about her just as Belladonna did, though she was a little strange in his opinion. They were the same person and yet not. The way that she did things made him think she was aware of how limited she was in that body. He felt for her. He knew just how limited she felt when she was stuck in a form she was not used to. Though he doubted she felt the pain of shifting, she understood feeling imprisoned in her own body.

“You’ll have your information as soon as I can get it.” He finally turned back towards her, his dark eyes catching the details of her curved form as he waited for her to look up. “You be careful and remain hidden. My ravens will do the rest of the work.” It was as close as he ever got to a reassurance. “Now, my potions?”

PM
^
Belladonna James
 Posted: Mar 26 2015, 10:05 AM
10 posts
Wanted

Belladonna could not express her relief. Thank goodness he was going to do it. Not that she necessarily had to have it done, she could have managed on her own she was certain. But still, to have the reassurance that she was going to know what her future was… Well it could only help in the long run now couldn’t it? She knew that Lucien would argue with her. There was certainly no reassurance in knowing that the Coven was hunting her once more. Or even that they knew where she was. But, just maybe, they had given up on looking for her and she could relax for a few moments.

“Thank you.” She said quietly, humble for a moment in a way that she had not been in a very long time. She knew very well that Lucien was putting himself in danger for her. He didn’t like doing that, and she had blackmailed him into it. Though she knew very well that there were others who could make these potions for him, Belladonna enjoyed doing it. She didn’t have many friends or acquaintances anymore and Lucien managed to be quite entertaining in his own odd way.

“I brought your potions with me.” She replied, pulling them out of the bag she always carried with her. Five clay bottles were placed onto the table one by one until they were all laid out. “I assume you have some of the old ones left? I don’t have enough to keep buying you bottles, you don’t pay me enough.” But still, she was quick to stand and start herding him towards the seat next to the fire. “Sit down, Wormwood. I’ll work some of the knots out of your muscles and you can tell me all the gossip from the land. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard a good story.”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

listings & affiliates

merc @ wecode